Monday, May 04, 2009

I Love Geico

This is real story not a Geico commercial.

The thing with insurance is I don't mind paying for it as long as I don't have to use it. Sadly ~!@# happens. And it happens way too often than I wanted.

I had a flat tire on my way to Long Island. Lucky us, we got to where we wanted to go, parked the car and then found out hey what happened to the front tire on the passenger side? I know I have been putting on some serious weight but to totally destroy the tire flat like that was just sickening. Anyway, we were at Chili's to have lunch. And I decided to try to give a call to my insurance company Geico while enjoying the chicken fingers and tortilla chips. I vaguely remembered there is road side assistance on the policy. Last time when a flying rock cracked the windshield, Geico did a good job by sending the man to the house to fix it at no charge. Within an hour after the call, just I was asking the check, my Blackberry rang and the man just came at Chili's. He changed out the flat under the light shower and put the donut on. And we were ready to roll. I gave him a ten to have some cool beer and to show my appreciation. He was happy and pleasantly surprised that a cheap looking man like me could be quite generous and reminded me once again to lose weight just for the sake of my car. I got his message loud and clear.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:16 PM

    my husband is a hard-core fan of AAA, & he swears by it. we have a '79 beetle that needs a lot of TLC, & it sometimes just refuses to move when we try to get him out of our garage or when we want to get home. so the quick & free (well, not free but included in the policy) roadside assistance is really great. we've used it twice so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a car person. I would never drive a car that needs TLC. I just need something that just goes. I guess everybody has his idiosyncrasies.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....