Sunday, May 24, 2009

I Love Gap Again

I haven't done any shopping for a long time. And I really really needed to buy something not for utilitarian purpose (even if I were to buy things out of vanity, I won't admit it). There aren't anything going on in Gap, it's no longer a place you want to go to if you are kind of cheap and kind of fashion conscious, you probably rather go to H&M or other Euro-trashish retailers. However if you are just to buy some basic stuff, then Gap is not a bad choice. I tried on a pair of jeans and gee I thought I must have lost some weight, the waist was so over sized that they actually made you think you are like thin and happy. I think that's what clothings are supposed to do, make you happy by covering up your yucky body which is so abhorrent that not even Oprah or any daytime talk show host can come to its defense. I ended up buying the jeans even they aren't my usual kind of brand. The next day, I went to buy a pair of cargo shorts without trying them on. I think Gap is responsible for America's unyielding obesity trend. I might just sue them for my weight problem one of these days. I guess if I want a reality check, I should check out H&M, clothes there are more true to size, everything is tighter, fitter and slimmer. For now, I am happily wearing my Gap, totally oblivious to my horizontal growth. Ha ha. Let's have BBQ later....

1 comment:

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....