Friday, July 25, 2008

Some Pictures



I shoot with what I have. I just used my Nikon 18~70 mounted on my only DSLR, that's the lowly D70. The camera can be a noise machine. Oh well, what you going to do. I needed a faster shutter speed in low light so the only option I had was to crank up the ISO which inevitably introduced noise to the pictures. The D70 is a general purpose DSLR for photo enthusiast, the AF is fast but not like D3 or D300 kind of fast and by today's standard, it's rather feeble. Anyway enough excuses. Sometimes, I do think, may be it would be better off just to switch off the AF and focus it myself. Given the subject distance from the camera and the focal length of the lens, I don't believe focusing is that critical. And I think I did get away with some lousy focusing without making the pictures too bad. Of course, that's my opinion. I didn't bring my Nikon 80~200 so there is no close-up shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....