Monday, July 07, 2008

Some Black & White From The Late 80s






My best pictures were taken probably in the late 80s, that is, of course relatively speaking. Since then, everything has gone downhill.

I think I was shooting like Gary Winogrand, except for the third one from the top which was more like Robert Capa. So my personal style was really a cross between Winogrand and Capa. If you are still reading this I certainly hope you haven't puked yet. Truth be told, my pictures are really a reflection of my artistic impoverishment.

2 comments:

  1. The first pic somehow reminded me of that Youtube music video you posted of that lovesick guy?

    And what's up with your man in the third picture? Was he a real New York ganster and were you in the middle of a hold-up while you bravely shot him with your camera before he tried to do the same to you albeit with his gun???

    Anyway, these are really great, as each of them tells a story. Really much more interesting than your more recent photos of herbs in your back garden ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let your imagination run wild with picture number 3. It's taken in Park Slope in Brooklyn I believe.

    My herbs shots are an epitome of my photographic excellency.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....