Thursday, July 03, 2008

I Got Sensor Bigger Than Full Frame

While the world is pretty enthralled with Nikon's newly D700, the second full frame digital single lens reflex camera introduced on July 1 by Nikon, I fall in love with the Yashica 124 G twin lens reflex camera. It takes 120 film, and has an image size of 56mm x 56mm, a perfectly square format. Meanwhile, the "full frame" sensor is a mere 24x36mm (or actually for Nikon's FX it's 23.9x36mm) which is equivalent to the 135mm film size as used by 35mm film SLR cameras. I am going to shoot like Diane Arbus (Arbus was really great, she didn't do what I call hit and run photography which most people can do with varying degrees of success, she actually got to know her subjects. I am just flattering myself with no shame).

I don't know if I will ever get the chance to print anything good in the near future. But I am kind of excited. I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....