Saturday, July 05, 2008

NJ Marriot

I am rocking in NJ now. Let the good time roll.

UPDATE:
Of course, I am exaggerating. There is no "rocking" in New Jersey. If you read my blog long enough, you should know you can't really believe what I write. I am a typical pathological liar.

Yashica Mat 124 G, user report
This is based on my experience with the camera for the past few days. I finished three rolls of Kodak Portra 160.
Loading film is not that bad at all. Perhaps because I am old enough to know how to load 135mm films, so loading the 120 film is not a problem. Did I screw up, yes and no. The 120 film mark is at the bottom on the camera so I didn't see it and I mistook another marking which is closer to the 240 mark as one. But it didn't seem to affect the film advance at all. I found out when I loaded the third roll. Focusing is difficult. Because it's basically a ground glass and it isn't very bright when lighting condition is not optimum, meaning too much light on a sunny day outside or shooting indoor. The small magnifying focusing lens is pretty helpful in that regard. Another thing is that objects appear reverse and often time, it's just hard to align things properly, I think it should be possible but just much harder coming from the 35mm world. During my sojourn in NJ, many of my shots were taken with a flash attached. And all my exposures were based on estimate. So chances are many of them may come out like crap.

NOTE:
For those who miss my vacation pictures, sorry, there won't be any, at least not soon like right now. For those who don't miss my boring vacation pictures, you are in luck, because I shot in film so chances are you won't see any of them like forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....