Friday, April 25, 2008

Summer Movies

What's better than watching some mind blowing and mind numbing summer movies? Watching them free with your kids and eating lots of popcorns and drinking super sized sodas or slurpees till you burp, much to the annoyance of other people around you, just kidding ... or not. Watching them free is pretty much a pipe dream so scratch that, but the rest holds true.

Here is a list from the Coming soon of IMDB:

  • Made of Honor, if you can watch him on TV, why bother paying $11 to watch him doing almost the same thing on big screen. More importantly, not my summer kind of movie;
  • Iron Man. Oh Yes, flying robot and lots of explosions. Though Robert Downey Jr. isn't exactly the super hero type. Well I heard he's a good actor and Oscar worthy;
  • Son of Rambow, some arty stuff I guess;
  • Speed Racer, the whatever brothers' follow-up since the Matrix trilogy. Plenty of cutting-edge FX margins on looking absolutely comics. Perhaps that's the idea, playing tribute to the genre;
  • The Incredible Hulk. This time around with Edward Norton. I don't think the last time was that bad.
  • The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Kids probably love it.
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Senior citizen AARP eligible Harrison Ford is reprising his role as Dr. Jones. And what's his name from Transformers is his son. I remember how I was so blown away by the first one the first time I saw it. I was a teenager, didn't know better or it was actually that good. I guess kids would love it.
  • The Forbidden Kingdom. This is not coming soon, it's been showing since last week and was number one in the box office. It got 8/10 from imdb's users reviews, I think most of the reviewers must be 16 years old or something. I think I will see it too. My kids would love to see it. This is like Ha Jin's immigrant novels, the Chinese characters actually talk in English, you really have to suspend your belief to a whole new level. We will probably check it out tomorrow.
  • Hancock. This one seems to be major, starring Will Smith as some super human. Just saw a promotional clip on TV. Seems interesting. The last one what's the name "I am Legend" was a letdown and I was being generous already. Though it wasn't really Smith's fault. Smith is probably the only action hero left that can carries a movie, like a solid opening.

So there you have it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 PM

    they are not brothers anymore. they are simply known as the wachowskis.

    eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Rambo ? Kidult will like it, bring them to the memory of 1982

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....