Friday, April 04, 2008

Jade Asian Restaurant

We haven't gone to this place for a long time. I can't even remember when was the last we went there. But I decided to give it a try. The place had changed hands a few times for the past few years and now it's called Jade Asian Restaurant.
Jin and I went on a Friday morning and the place wasn't crowded at all. The service was good except when we left the manager didn't even bother to say bye or thank you. As a manager, meet and greet, saying thank you and goodbye to your customers is really part of the job. I think it's just common courtesy to acknowledge patronage.
All the dim sum I tried were good. The wait staff were attentive.
Tea, 60 cents per person, all dim sums are selling $2 each, tax included, I suppose it's some sort of weekday discount, just don't expect the price stays the same during weekends or holidays. We used to go to East on Kissena and Laburnum but I don't like their practice, charging kids for tea, and putting 15% service charge even on the sales tax, so we have been staying away from East.
Tea @0.6 x 2= $1.2 + dishes @2 x 5 = $11.20 , the lowest bill I've ever got for a long time.
We will go back.

The gothamist's review.

1 comment:

  1. why didn't you bring me there when I last visited NYC, bring me there and treat me dinner when my next visit to NYC

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....