Sunday, April 20, 2008

Brooklyn Botanic Garden

More boring pictures ...

Happy Family I

Happy Family II. Where is Mr. Harry?

Happy Family III

Japanese Flowering Cherry. Continuous shooting, manual macro focusing, exposure. Nikkor 35~105 at f5.6.
Mr. Harry

Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Unlike the one in Queens, this one is bigger and badder: no free admission and no picnic. Admission for adults are $8 per person and children are admitted for free. Japanese Cherry Festival or however it's called is on May 3, and 4, we will probably come again.

Brooklyn Botanic Garden. The chili and chicken vegetable soup from the cafe are pretty good.

6 comments:

  1. Well done, but your face was too small, at least I know you are save

    ReplyDelete
  2. I welcome boring pictures like the ones taken by you, Mr Lu Xun [lookalike].

    I remember the young lady in the picture. She plays the piano well.

    Great shots and great scenes.

    I regret very much I didn't come to study in the states in 1983. It's the biggest mistake in my life. And worse of all, I've passed the point of no return.

    JSM
    Chairman of the Bored

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never leave home without your [not American Express Card] pair of trusty Blundstones, man.

    CoB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot, LAICHUNGLEUNG, for adding "the one and only" after your Demented List. I'm very honoured, indeed.

    I'll have to write more on my blog in order not to let my reader[s] down.

    Yours truly in HK,
    JSM
    CoB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely family pictures, you seem to be on a roll with the botanic gardens lately :)

    I've never been to any botanic gardens when I was in NY, too bad. Am having to experience these vicariously through your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first two photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....