Sunday, April 27, 2008

Queens Botanical Garden



Japanese cherry blossoms have done wonder to the parks.

This image is captured using my standard tools. It's monkeyed with using GIMP and UFRaw plug-in. Gimp comes with Ubuntu 8.04 but not UFRaw, I downloaded UFRaw via Add/Remove Program, but Gimp can't invoke that so something wasn't right. OKAY, I should have downloaded gimp-ufraw plugin not just the stand-alone version, so UFRaw can be invoked from gimp. All is well except I still couldn't find the nvidia driver to work with my display. This is loaded via Firefox 3.0b5. I didn't think they could improve on the browser but apparently they could and did.

2 comments:

  1. My old man and I witnessed together with our naked eyes the blossoming of all kinds of cherry trees in Japan proper way back in April 2000.

    The scenes were utterly mind-blowing, especially those by the banks of a serene canal in Kyoto with mandarin ducks leisurely swimming in pairs. It's got to be a life-changing experience.

    The light in your pic was very natural indeed.

    The Cherry Blossom Dreamweaver

    ReplyDelete
  2. come with me to Sapporo in July, we can see another part of Japan

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....