Friday, August 27, 2010

Nikon D7000

I am getting very excitable with the impending Nikon D7000 rollout.  I didn't know the D90 can meter with AI or AIS kind of Nikkors but apparently it can.  So I assume its replacement, the D7000 can too.  So that's another reason to stock up any good old AI or AIS lens.  I can focus so fast I don't even need auto focus.  No, mostly I take pictures of inanimate objects.  Man, I always know the D90 doesn't meter with AI kind of non-cpu lens and I don't know where I read the disinformation that it does.  But a quick trip to dpreview confirms that it doesn't.  I think the only DSLR that does support old lens metering is the D pro series, like the D300s and up.  Bummer.  I think I just have to use my mental meter between my ears and use the LCD as a feedback mechanism like I've been doing with my D70, it's not great but doable.

UPDATE:
See this post for D90 and non-cpu lens compatibility.
.
UPDATE 8/28/2010:
You know what, I got the information about D90 can meter with AI lens from none other than Nikon USA. Shocking. I mean does it really can meter with AI lens in M or even A mode? If it can it's a piece of shocking news to me, if it doesn't that means Nikon USA made a gross mistake by probably copy and paste it from some higher end model like D300 or higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....