Monday, August 30, 2010

D90 Supports Non-CPU Nikkor metering?



This is a screen capture straight from Nikon USA.  The silly No Kidding? highlight is from me of course.

I always thought D90 can't do such a nifty thing.  Sure you can mount the lens and shoot in M by adjusting the combination of f-stop and shutter speed manually.  But boy am I wrong or what?

UPDATE 9/3/2010:  It took me two messages to persuade Nikon USA there could be something wrong with the content.  They finally acknowledged their mistake and took the entire Non-CPU paragraph out not bother saying anything with AI or AIS lens at all.  I hope they can send me some gift like a D3X, D3s, or D90 or D90's replacement.  I guess it won't hurt to ask.  So that's all folks.

UPDATE 8/31/2010:  Being a Nikon long time customer, I just couldn't help but wrote to tell.  But the tech support says that's right, it's correct.  So there you have it.  In a few months time it probably doesn't matter because the model is phasing out and is gonna become digital garbage.  But I just hate to be wrong when I am right or I just hate to be wrong when they are right.  I guess I hate Nikon USA being so pathetically careless and even pointed out by their customer, me, they still don't see it.  Very very disappointing by how much their tech support don't even know their products.

UPDATE:  I checked out the pdf brochure.  It says no way Jose.  So I guess one way or another Nikonusa messes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....