Sunday, August 29, 2010

US OPEN 2010 - Stanislas Wawrinka

UPDATE 9/5/10: I think it really should be Gilles Simon of France. Nadal is punishing the guy in Arthur Ashe right now.


I hope he is what I say he is.  Because I really have no idea.  I ran through the US Open site player by player and he looks like Wawrinka.  If he is not, sorry dude.

It was the second time, I got everything ready except one thing, my memory card.  I left my 4GB CF card home and I thought that would be it for the day.  For reason I couldn't explain, I did have an extra 64MB CF card I brought with me.  Wow, it can take about 16 images or so if I left my image at the usual setting, i.e. Large and Fine.  Would I be just shooting 16 images?  I guess not.  I have no choice but to dial the setting to Large and Basic, that allows me to shoot 88 images--I just counted.  Here are the best of the very best, or rather somewhat appear to be OKAY.

I also brought along my Nikon FE and 28mm 1:2 just for fun.  At some point I mounted my Nikkor 80-200 onto my FE, wow, the viewfinder looked so much better, it's like day and night.  More reason to get a full frame camera just for the viewfinder if not anything else.

Ethics check or otherwise known as delusion of grandeur:  If you think you can use these pictures for non commercial purpose, please cite attribution and link back here.  Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:34 AM

    Great shots, pal. These photos are action-packed and look very professional. WP2007 should be satisfied 'cause you've included Sharapova this year in the photos. Her performance has been slipping dramatically, I heard. Are things looking up a bit for her in the US Open 2010?

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her shoulder seems to be fine and I won't write her off just yet. She has to stay hungry and fit to win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:18 PM

    Great pictures, but this is not wawrinka. He wears Lacoste.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could it be Adrian Manarino? This is turning to be yet another American unsolved mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:47 PM

    It's sad that you got so close to watch the players play on Ashe Stadium and not knowing who the player is. Don't you look at the scoreboard? Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, that was taken on the first day of the Open, the practice, the pre tournament publicity play. He was just playing with some hitting partner for show. As such there wasn't a name appearing on any scoreboard. I wish I could sit that close in a real match. Admission was actually free and I don't even think that was Ashe Stadium. You see I made efforts to verify his name after the fact if you were actually to read my post.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....