Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Neighborhood Ball

Live blogging Neighborhood Ball: Inauguration

Denzel Washington has the honor to introduce us the President and the First Lady.

Obama, impeccably dressed in a black suit, single breasted, single vented, with a sensible fit that complements the President's railthin physique. The President opts for a white bowtie for the occassion. The only showy bits are perhaps the French cuffs of the white shirt. First Lady Michelle Obama in a white gown, looking decidedly elegant and resplendent, only if she can stop playing with her tongue inside her mouth.

Beyonce, the song bird sings for the First Couple's first dance.

Now cut to commercials ... McDonald's dollar menu or something.

OKAY, Obama dances to the tunes of Stevie Wonder ... Does he get the move, ehhh not really.

Now cut to more commercials.

Ray Romano does stand up. The guy looks good though the jokes are a bit underwhelming. He introduces Jay-Z ...

Now Jay-Z does his thing. Wow, he is good, not that I know the genre, but I think it's good.

Now more commercials, Zyrtec ...

OKAY, enough bull from me.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:53 PM

    Oh, shoot, I didn't make it that far. I watched the Military Ball and turned it off. May be it is the "Obama Effect", I feel that everyone is so unusually friendly today, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's supposed to be historical but I didn't watch any live broadcast except the part I mentioned here. That was pretty much it. NYC is same old same old. The expectation on this nascent administration is just sky high ... we will see.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....