Thursday, January 01, 2009

Bolt

Some of the better movies I have ever seen are actually cartoons or animations.  Disney's latest animation, Bolt, is one of those movies.  Bolt belongs to the "lost and found" movie genre if there ever has one.  The protagonist is a cute little dog who got lost and has to do a cross country trip all the way from New York to find his way back to California where he is a TV star.  The cross country trip of course turns out to a self discovery journey which Bolt, much to his dismay, finds out that he doesn't have super power, but develops the street smarts and stamina to survive and and even saves his friends from dire troubles.  The movie is exceptionally well made.  The opening action sequence is on a par with any modern action movies, perhaps even better than most.  The acting, voice actings that is, from John Travolta as Bolt and Miley Cyrus as Penny are pretty right on the money.  I saw the 3-D version and I am pleasantly surprised how vivid and life like the movie is.  Imagine 3D action movie, 3D horror movie and 3D . . . okay you got the idea.  I heard in the future, all movies will be made 3D, and I am not kidding (since I am not authoring for wikipedia I don't bother with citation or footnote).  Even I had to wear the grayish 3D lenses over my corrective spectacles, I didn't find it too bad.  But the tinted lenses do make the overall picture a bit dimmer.  Overall it has been a great experience.  But we don't get something for nothing, even for the first show, we got to pay full price, something like 11.75 for adults and 11.25 for children.  So the difference between an adult and a child is fifty cents not five inches as some says . . . .  Add the popcorns, sodas, and nachos, you do the math.  But hey the movie magic, my kids memory that we are one big happy family, that's priceless.

9 comments:

  1. I don't like Cartoon, but I was obliged to watch Cartoon Network channel every day, particularly Tom and Jerry, what's more, in the beginning of 2009, Yahoo auction closed one of my account after several warning ignored by me, I still have 580 items of goods still not yet sold out, I did have Plan B, in one month ago, I started to put all my new listing in another account, but right now the new account only made up of 15% of my total listing, Yahoo didn't want my money, I paid them more than USD130 each month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I started some of the moving project, just like KMT moving all of the valuable items out of mainland to Taiwan in 1949, it's a large scale may last for 2 months for moving all of the listing to Plan B account, like what I have done in 2006, I have moved over 300 items to my another account

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents go HD...

    Today I was very busy, as a good son, I bought my parents a 19 LCD HD Ready TV at HK$1680 and a HDTV receiver at HK$999, now all the HDTV or HDTV receivers are much cheaper, I have fixed the HDTV receiver for their 32" Sharp LCD in the dining room, for the 19" LCD which supposed to be fixed in their bed room to replace their "malfuction" 14" CRT which wAS also bought by me in 10 yrs ago. But finally I found that the CRT are perfected good, only my dad plugged the public antenna in the FM instead of TV, thus they asked me to buy a new small TV for me, after I fixed the CRT, they said they didn't want the 19" LCD

    http://www.hk.viewsonic.com/en/products/lcdtv/features.php?n=N1930w

    thus I took it back to my North Point apartment to replace my 15"LCD (Not HD ready) in my diner room, the cheap 15" LCD I will take it back to my Diamond Hill apartment.

    It always happened that some minor stuff that make thier TV or DVD player, or Mini-Hi Fi fuck up, I will be the only technician in my family to fix with them, I don't know whether in my 70 or 80, I need Wilson to fix my PC for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo banned you. You ought to be so proud of yourself. I wish they banned all of your accounts so we don't have to receive your listings you know. I can't believe you are paying them $130 a month, you must be doing some serious business online, like fake drug trafficking or human trafficking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:15 PM

    i liked the cat in bolt. she was so sarcastic.

    -eric

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mittens is medium sarcastic. He's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I brought my little sis and bro to see Madagascar 2 over the holidays, it's really good and could also be classified as a what you called a "lost and found" story, too. That was when we saw the trailer for Bolt, and we'd be definitely going to see that one when it's out here, though I'm not sure if we might get to see the 3D version...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and just want to say, I really like the last line of your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snowdrops, you are such a great sister. The big sister always takes care of the younger siblings.

    I am not sure if they need special projector for the 3D effect. We didn't know about they were showing it in 3D until we got there. What a surprise. I am old fashioned so I was a bit leery about the 3D but it turned out pretty great.

    The last line, the priceless line, that is a rip-off from the Mastercard Tv commercial here in the States. I didn't make that up myself, they didn't pay me enough to come up with a tagline.

    Happy New Year, let's keep up our blogship--I thought I coined this term but when I googled, it was used before not sure if meant what i meant as i was heartbroken i didn't bother to read what others were saying when they say blogship. I hope "lost and found" as a movie genre is first used by me. Ha ha. Not that it was great or anything ... but I kinda like it.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....