Friday, January 23, 2009

Inaugeration Messed Up And Others

Chief Justice Roberts couldn't get the oath right, and it was a total disaster, so much so that out of an abundance of caution, BO had to take the oath again on Wednesday. They couldn't get the oath right the first time, what's wrong with Justice Roberts? What's wrong with the guy?

Not to let China have the monopoly on perfection, the US wouldn't take any chance and decided to have a Milli Vanilli on inauguration. Of course, it was perfect only if Justice Roberts didn't mess up and it was perfect because Yo-Yo Ma was doing the fake cello thing. Citing extreme weather, the organizer decided it was best to have the classical bits recorded instead of playing it live. They should have invited me to do the Bow and Arrow Chinese Dance, I would do it live and on TV without resort to technical wizardry. What a shame.

The nascent administration not only wants out-perfect China, it also wants to be tough against China (But no way it can get as tough as China because here you won't send the CEOs to lifetime imprisonment, while in China, the penalty is death if you were to screw up so badly like mixing baby formula with melamine, so US, stop pretending to be tough.). Timmy, the Treasure Secretary hopeful is accusing China of manipulating its currency and therefore impairs fair trade between the nations or something to that effect. I think in China it's called fiscal policy or something to that effect.

Just after BO signed an executive order to shut down the detention center in Guantanamo, Cuba, news came in that at least one ex-detainee released has become some regional chief in Yemen Qaeda operation. That just provides ammunition for the Republicans who oppose the shutting down of the detention center.

9 comments:

  1. i was a bit shocked that was pre-recorded music performance... reminded me of the fake fireworks and fake child singer at beijing olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. A bit surprised. But at least it was their own recording. They should have invited us, you could do the feather fan dance and I could have done the Bow and Arrow dance .... That would have been great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:44 AM

    Sometimes I think Chief Justice Roberts did it on purpose. Ok, we don't need any more paranoia :-) It was such a perfect day for me. I am willing to overlook all the little mishap and mischief. I used to be very protective of China whenever the Bush administration or the media made any unfriendly remarks about China. Now I am willing to give the Obama administration more benefit of the doubt. I admit my opinion is totally biased, not to be taken seriously. In reality, the U.S government manipulates our currency too. It is just politics. I am not going to hold it against Obama at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LCL: did u see the comment i left on readandeat? i did learn feather fan dance in primary 4!!! but now i prefer ballet, guys can wear pointe shoes too, wanna try? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exile: I really enjoy criticizing or more like making fun of the governments. I think that's great about living in the States. The press, the people can always make fun of the commander in chief. In Thailand, an Australian English teacher got sent to jail because he was criticizing the King there. Oopsie. In China, people got locked up for similar reasons....

    Mad Dog, yeah I did see it over at R&E. I remember that's what girls or popular girls did when I was a kid. I can't help but imagine you dancing with a fan, must be lovely. I know you are an avid ballet dancer now. Good for you. I don't think I will ever try ballet it would be so awkward nor do I have the talent ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:29 PM

    I was watching the inauguration at my office with my colleagues, & we all laughed when BO slipped on the oath. One of my colleagues said, "He has also been so smooth until now!"

    I was actually quite impressed when I found out he slipped because he realized Roberts made a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't watch it live on TV. I was kind of busy but that's OKAY. Obama is such a cool cat. I would really like to see him like getting angry or something. Okay, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:20 AM

    Yeah, if Obama doesn't get the stimulus money soon, he may lose it, haha.... I am waiting for a picture of him smoking, then it will ruin it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exile:
    If you did a Google on Obama smoking, you should be able to find his smoking pictures, most likely before he became president elect or president.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....