Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Latest Obessions

Shuron eyeglasses. I am sick and tired of those big logo eyeglasses. You pay through your nose to get them and then you advertise for them with their logo permanently and ostentatiously displayed on the arms. I am too old for that kind of shit. They may look good on you but I think they look stupid on me. Good old Shuron seems to be the only brand that don't fucking display any logo on the arms. Of course it's no name brand like those French and Italian designer frames. But I say fuck them.

Tripod. Did I ever own a set of tripod legs? I doubt it. I want to get a decent leg set and a ball head. So that I can take some family portraits the time I fly back to Hong Kong this July.

Off the camera lighting, PC cord and all those funky stuff, like silver umbrella and light stand. So I can take picture like a studio pro.

A friend of mine got himself a Canon 5D and 30D and a couple of constant f-stop lenses, I was like green with envy.

4 comments:

  1. It doesn't help watching plums to quench your thirst.

    One thing at a time, and zero in on one particular target.

    My recent acquisition is a 30GB black iPod. It's so much better than but costs the same amount as my iPod mini.

    My next prey is a DSLR camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They know exactly what most consumers want. People who bought those eyeglasses are anxious that others might not notice that they are wearing name brand glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wearing a pair of logos myself. Not because I love the them but because they are the ones that fit my big head plus I can't find any without the big logo until now.

    Congratulations on the iPod thing. I have been living under a rock, I don't have a real iPod except one I got from credit card a few years back. The original shuffle which doesn't got much use anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought it for the sake of feeding my vanity - my insatiable lust for material things. I don't even know how to rip a DVD into MP4 format so that I can watch video on the go. It's gonna function much like my iPod mini in the foreseeable future.

    I even went so far as to creating a reason for myself to buy, using Vanessa as a pawn. She and Wolfgang love my iPod mini so much that they don't want to stop listening to it. I then said I gave my iPod mini to Vanessa. [Wolfgang already has got an equally powerful and sleek cheapo Chinese 2GB MP4 imitation of the iPod nano.] I told Vanessa the iPod mini was hers from then on.

    Since I no longer owned an iPod, I had reason to buy one for myself. The 30GB iPod actually cost less than my former 6GB iPod mini bought a few years back. What the ...

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....