Thursday, May 24, 2007

Die Hard

When analog meets digital, we have "Live Free or Die Hard," internationally known as "Die Hard 4.0."

In this summer, good old analog guy John McClane (baldy Bruce Willis) is teaming up with hacker Matt Foster (Mac guy Justin Long) to fight online terrorists who try to hold the US hostage by shutting down the information superhighway.

This is probably the only summer movie I am looking forward to. I need some good old analog red meat fist fight, gun fight. I hope it gets an R rating.



Summer movies:
Spider-Man 3;
Pirates of the Caribbean;
Shrek The Third;
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix;
Rush Hour 3;
The Bourne Ultimatum;

and more.

UPDATES: Memorial day weekend is right around the corner. Unfortunately there isn't a movie that I really want to see. Pirates of the Caribbean, I didn't see any of the first two and the third one is almost 3 hours long. So I don't think I can sit through it. I check out the movie listing, there isn't really a lot of choices.

3 comments:

  1. Beside Wong Kar Wai, there's another favorite of you, it cost USD1 in Shenzhen, save your money, I bring you to Mongkok to buy it at HK$100 for 9, but if you fuck up in New York custom, don't blame on me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, man. My cup of tea. I can't wait to watch it.

    That's what America does best. Not in the Iraq War. In Hollywood movies, Americans are unbeatable.

    Have you noticed the background music? It's a extremely familiar piece of classical music played with electric guitars. That's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last, I asked my retired colleague cum room-mate just now and he knew the answer.

    The background music I mentioned is Ode to Joy [aka Ode an die Freude, which is a poem by Friedrich Schiller] in Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral", the last complete symphony composed by Ludwig van Beethoven, and completed in 1824.

    You can hear it, both the violin version and the piano version, on Wikipedia.org

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....