Friday, April 01, 2011

Remembrance Of A Great Educator

Email salvaged from the Internet gutter. The email exchange is in reverse chronological order so one may find it easier to understand reading from bottom to top.


This is getting quite complicated. For all I know, [redacted],[redacted] and some others guys (still on the loose) decided to break into the women's dorms one Saturday morning at around noon in 1981. Afterwards, you guys tried to get out thru the windows, and as it happened the headmaster saw it, yelled, and ran down the stairs from the 4th floor to the carpark area out[redacted]e the dorms. [redacted], being the more athletic one (compared to [redacted] that was), held his head in has hands and ran out of the school with his tail between his legs.
Poor [redacted] was caught with his pants down. The headmaster went ballistic by the time he got down from the 4th floor. He was literally foaming at the mouth. Looking back, it could have been too much pressure from the [redacted] Board. But [redacted] insisted that his rage stemmed from an unsatisfactory sex life. Anyway, [redacted] hid behind a tree for 5 minutes. But [redacted] was the one who got to see the headmaster's shaking hand the next day.
Poor [redacted] had nothing to add. At that time, he was still a virgin.

xxxxxxxxxxx

yes, you are right, he shouted at his 3/ft or 4/fl,
[redacted]

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:00:27 -0700
From: [redacted]
Subject: Re: 回覆: Re: Personal Alert on Your Favorite
To: [redacted]; [redacted]; [redacted]

 WTF is "he shouted at his 4/F."  You lost me right there.


From: [redacted]
To: [redacted]; [redacted] ; [redacted]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:32 PM
Subject: RE: 回覆: Re: Personal Alert on Your Favorite

back to the time of 80's, or as his colonial background or his position as Pre[redacted]ent, you won't expect he will apologise, when he "caught" me,
he shouted at his 4/F., then I said I want to explain, at that moment
he told me to come to his office to meet him on the next day. When I went into his room, he didn't ask me to explain.
In the first instance he only me that some students didn't follow the rule and cause the misunderstanding and he told me not to keep it in mind,
then he showed his shaking hand with me. All of it only finished in 1 or 2 mins. In fact I didn't say anything and just feel that much relieved.
[redacted]

> From: [redacted]
> To: [redacted]; [redacted][redacted]
> CC: [redacted]
> Subject: 回覆: Re: Personal Alert on Your Favorite
> Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 07:14:41 +0800
>
> I remembered you guys told me this story. He went berserk. Can you guys refresh us specifically how he behaved and how he apologised afterwards? The fact that he apologise still means sth to me.
> >



time has changed, now in [redacted], even the student being caught in exam cheating case, they even deny and behave in a very rude manner
[redacted]

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 07:52:37 -0700
From: [redacted]
Subject: Re: Personal Alert on Your Favorite
To: [redacted]; [redacted]
CC: [redacted]

He probably didn't have sex or something.  He looked perennially constipated.  For some reason, or you might have told us, he went totally crazy on you like a pit bull.  Crazy motherfucker.
Back then kids were meek and obedient.  Thank you for taking the bullet for me, though involuntarily.  I totally lucked out.


From: [redacted]
To: [redacted]; [redacted]
Cc: [redacted]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:42 AM
Subject: RE: Personal Alert on Your Favorite

date back to earlier 80's, for his background in the colonial government and the atomosphere or style of management in [redacted],
I think he admitted that he made a mistake and he handle the case in a very proper manner, but you are right, he was really crazy when he caught me.

For me, in that age, I think I was calm and behaved properly in handle that case
[redacted]

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 07:35:41 -0700
From: [redacted]
Subject: Re: Personal Alert on Your Favorite
To: [redacted]; [redacted]
CC: [redacted]

now refresh my memory.  Was it some time or day after that he came to apology?  He must have felt bad about it.
If if you were the dorm breaking window climber, was it so bad?  I don't know.
I don't know how I found out you were the fall guy.  Was it many years later?  The fact that admitted he made a mistake and apologized for it certainly means something.
  But I guess he was really crazy when he caught you, wasn't he?

From: [redacted]
To: [redacted]; [redacted]
Cc: [redacted]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:30 AM
Subject: RE: Personal Alert on Your Favorite

I have the honour that he shaked hand with me, for he made a mistake
[redacted]

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 07:29:02 -0700
From: [redacted]
Subject: Re: Personal Alert on Your Favorite
To: [redacted]
CC: [redacted]; [redacted]

I could never make out Ho's features. Eyes, nose and everything there is just mashed together behind a giant pair of black frames with prescription Coke glasses. Even he has the physique of an over sized penguin considering he's always in black suit and crisp white shirt, but he doesn't waddle, he walks with a steady gait: arms close to body, small steps, almost like a woman.

From: vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
To: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Cc: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:18 AM
Subject: Personal Alert on Your Favorite

I remember you telling me that saga of yours but I forgot that [redacted]
became the fall guy.  I remember Ho wore coke-bottom glasses [they
are not round, though] so it's not surprising he couldn't see you or
your face clearly from far away.  You and [redacted] were both tall and
slender back then.


[redacted]

Oh, yeah.  He was practically an English man for all I know.  Always
dressed like a gentleman.
But, there is a big but.  He was kind of blind.
I remember one Sunday afternoon I went back to the dorm being young,
agile and reckless, I just climbed inside the room through the first
floor window.  I remember seeing some classmate who waved at me rather
over enthusiastically and frantically as I was in full action--imagine
Bruce Lee climbing down the secret drug pit in Enter The Dragon.  I
thought they were greeting me since I was so popular.  But they were
signaling me not to.  Then I bet you guys know the rest of the story,
at least [redacted] does.  Ho came down unhinged and looked for blood.
But since he was blind he thought [redacted] was the culprit who climbed
up to his room.  Now I don't know if I should feel lucky or feel sad
for being mistaken as [redacted], come on.

2 comments:

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....