Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Google Videos No More and So Are My Files

One of the things I like uploading my stuff online is I don't like to deal with maintenance.  I can't possibly do a better job keeping my files than Google or Yahoo or actually anybody else.  Alas, Google Video, the video hosting site by Google is going to shut down its business on April 29.  I uploaded six videos there.  The oldest there was uploaded in 2005 with content even earlier and kids just looked very different then.  And surprise Google "destroyed" them and I could only download the flv format from the site, whatever original avi or mpg format files I uploaded aren't available for download.  I have no idea where my originals are and am too lazy to look.

2 comments:

  1. Man, no complaint as all the service you get from them are free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be really mad if Yahoo shuts down flickr and all I can do is download some 200x300 pixel jpegs.
    It's good faith. I'd like to believe my contents add value to the Google Video operation (though most likely they don't) collectively with thousands from others.
    Oh well, I don't think I can do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....