Saturday, April 30, 2011

Film Scans


The top one was shot with the newish Kodak Portra 400, Hasselblad 500C/M and Carl Zeiss 80mm f/2.8.  I like the color and the grain isn't bad at all.

The middle two were shot using a Yashica Mat-124G and Kodak Ektar 100.  I like the color and everything.  I am always pleasantly surprised by how good the images are coming from such a small lens of such primitive contraption.

The bottom one was shot using a Nikon FE and Kodak 400VC.  I don't like the color and grain at all.  This is not the first time.  I don't know if it's because underexposed.

2 comments:

  1. wow.. the first one was great. your boys really stood out. almost 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When everything works it's really great. But hard to find a good and convenient lab to process.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....