Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mini Olympics


Cloudy, cold.  I shot most of them in manual f/4 and 1/640 or there about at ISO400.  Usually I shoot at aperture priority but I think I am not going to let the camera choose this time.  And I like my result better.  At times the camera does give me jaundice--my impression is when I shoot at aperture priority and auto white balance ... it doesn't sound scientific and it probably isn't but I find manual exposure works for me in terms of better saturation and exposure control and consistency.  AE at times give me washed out images.  This time I almost exclusively shot using my 80-200, just trying to get familiar with my equipment.  I think it performs reasonably well.  My take is anything at f/4 or smaller and at 1/500 or faster seems pretty sharp.  Anything outside these perimeters needs special attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....