Thursday, August 27, 2009

News From The Far Side: Lau Still Wants To Be Your Dream Lover

劉德華前晚與朱麗倩四手交纏返港,他保護女友行經被歌迷讚Man
picture and caption from mingpao.com

Holy cow, Lau still wants to be your dream lover.

I was having lunch at my desk and yes, you guessed it, I puked all over the keyboard when I read about it. I did not make this up. Lau said it himself as quoted by mingpao. In his blog, he says, as alleged by mingpao and I quote (being an irresponsible person, I didn't go and check Lau's blog, I simply don't have the stomach. OKAY, I finally did, but the navigation is just so blah, I would never find it even if I tried ....):

仍然可以夢中見嗎????我收回這句、繼續夢中見..............zzzzzzzz

Gosh, the guy is like still living in his own little fantasy world I guess: Oh, I am your dream lover (gasp). Let's meet in your dream and .... Is there anything wrong with it per se? I am not sure ... it's just that some of his fans are mentally challenged or something? Or is he just so condescending, he talks to his fans like they are some 10 years old's?

What's "十指緊扣" evil twin sister? It's "四手交纏"

Anyway back to the caption. I applaud the caption writer of mingpao for coming up with this new (and improved?) "四手交纏" instead the usual tired, cliched "十指緊扣." At least nobody (it's just me actually) can accuse the caption writer for being lazy and keeps using the time tested "十指緊扣" whenever a couple is holding hands . Though it's not exactly accurate looking at the picture, at most there are only three hands tangled together. I know I am just nit picking. Let's see if this newly coined corny expression "四手交纏" have any staying power, co-exist with or totally dethrone the time worn and tested "十指緊扣." Or it will quickly go to oblivion and be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....