Wednesday, August 26, 2009

News From The Far Side: Forbidden Love

華仔朱麗倩十指緊扣返港
24年情終破禁

Headline and picture via Mingpao.com, picture credited to (星洲日報). This whole silly misleading illustration by yours truly.

Look how happy, proud, contented the guy is ... I would be like that too if only my super duper idol Lau holds my hand like so ....

I thought the tired, overused, cliched expression "十指緊扣" is dead already. Well I guess it's very much alive, what can I say?
What is the deal with the face mask? Is it for the prevention of the swine flu? Or does it even matter? Or is it a way to protest the suffocating and worsening air condition? Or is it a silly way to stay anonymous? Is he losing it?

4 comments:

  1. 我讀到新聞時,就想到你一定會搖頭嘆息。

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to know somebody is thinking about me.

    I don't know starting when this expression caught on, and it's since become some vampire, it just won't die. Oh well, just another pet peeve of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Professor Black just jealous at Andy Lau, remain "single" for 24 years

    ReplyDelete
  4. and his whole "team" wore face masks. seriously, we're not like blind or anything...

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....