Sunday, August 02, 2009

I Cook Therefore I Am


One of the definitive attributes that differentiates humans from animals is the ability to cook. Out of the blue and into the supermarket I bought this over 2-lb dungeon crab. The thing looked pretty big and I was so afraid that it might actually be very watery inside. Because I just had that feeling. I torn the thing apart and cut it into pieces. As it turned out this was a male one and thank goodness the body was still meaty, though I could see it seemed to be losing its meat say in a week or so. That's the problem with buying dungeon crabs, you take a chance. Lobster, you don't have this problem. I just used ginger and scallion and be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....