Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Tonight Show

I can't believe Leno had been with the Tonight Show for 17 years. I always like Leno's opening monologues and I like Letterman's wackiness. Both of them are pretty entertaining with their unique brand of humors and I hate to beat up one or the other.

I have Conan's debut Tonight Show taped or actually DVR'ed. I like the opening how he ran from NYC to LA to host the show. But things went downhills from there. The monologue wasn't funny, it seems forced. And the guest Will Ferrel, he wasn't all that funny either. He has been doing quite well in the box office and I actually paid for some his DVDs when Circuit City went belly up but still him being a guest on Conan's debut wasn't all that entertaining and complementing. The debut show was a bit contrived and the pacing was a bit slow and a bit over run--the Universal lot tram car thing, the Taurus sedan thing.

Conan O'Brien is wacky like Letterman so let's see how the two square off at the 11:30 time slot.

2 comments:

  1. i don't like will ferrel. period.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. His latest flick Land of the Lost kind of bombs at the box office. It never reached no. 1. People are I guess finally tired his brand of humor.

    I don't particular not like him. It depends on the movie or skit he's in.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....