Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday

I used to be a bigot against camera makers Konica and Yashica. My rule of thumb was simple any camera ends with a "ca" can't be any good for yours truly. To a certain extent I guess my bias is justified. Now fast backward to the 60s, I think they did make some remarkable rangefinders that are still being sought after by a whole new generation of photographers or arty farty no talent hipsters who somehow equate technically poor shots to high arts. But that's another post for another day. I remember once Tony Leung, our acclaimed actor from Hong Kong was once a spokeperson for Konica when he was more of a TV personality than a full blown international movie star that captures and conquers audience and movie awards alike. He was flashing his friendly smile, dressed in a garishly designed costume to showoff the cheerful colors I guess with another girl whose name I can't recall, holding a box of Konica film. I mean the guy was professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....