Thursday, April 02, 2009

Fixed Focal Length Rangefinder

When you shoot with a fixed focal length rangefinder, chances are you won't use the wrong focal length at all. And the operation is smooth, as the camera doesn't have a mirror to slap up and down and you can always see what's going on through the finder minus the parallax shortcoming. I think I'd like the quiet operation. I like my FE but the sometimes thundering thud of the mirror can be a bit disconcerting even though I don't see any apparent negative on the print, perhaps I never ever print big, more like a psychological problem to me.

4 comments:

  1. And I saw another HCB born here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think I really have a problem. I am a consumer always got distracted by the older cameras from way back in the '60s. Of course I can't be an HCB. I am not committed at all.

    My latest fascination is the Konica Auto S series kind of camera. No, not Leica, I can't afford it. But they do look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exile from hk12:30 PM

    Hey, you take such nice photos. Happy? Now you can gloat shamelessly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. exile:
    Thank you for your charity praise. I will feature it prominently on my featured comments section. Now if you will excuse me, I will go ahead and shamelessly gloat for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....