Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Back To Chinatown

Today I got to take care of some personal business, tie up some loose ends in Chinatown. So after work, I took the midtown subway D to Grand Street. I have to say I am not familiar with that part of Chinatown, not now and not years ago. But since I am a professional, I was able to quickly locate my target and get things settled in no time. It was pretty smooth. After I got the job done, I spent some time wandering around. The barbershop I used to go to on Henry Street is gone, in its place is a computer shop which I don't bother to visit. I walked to Catherine street and visited the noodle shop I used to go to when I was a student many years ago. I don't think I can recognize anybody there. They might have changed owner? I don't have a clue. I meant I wasn't much of a customer to begin with. I ordered a beef tripe noodle shop and the check came to a grand total of $4 dollars. Business was so so. Actually the whole Chinatown was a bit quiet and slow, something I didn't expect. Could that be the economy? Or the unseasonably cold weather? Probably a bit of both.

1 comment:

  1. when would you bring me to China Town to try the expensive seafood, like you treat me last time in July 2006

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....