Thursday, April 02, 2009

Leica D-Lux 4 with 24mm View Finder In The Wild

Two minutes down on the street, I spotted a Leica D-LUX 4 with a 24mm viewfinder attached. I talked to its proud owner, a gentleman in his late 70s. He was just happy shooting anything that's in sight. I didn't know what to ask except to convince him I am not going to rob his spanking new Leica confirm it's indeed a Leica D-LUX 4 with the hard-to-find 24mm bright view finder. I have some problem shooting with just the LCD monitor, I need a viewfinder and I guess he has the same problem too. Leica, good job for selling a $349.95 viewfinder as an accessory (yes, I wrote it right and you read it correctly, the viewfinder itself sells for $350 minus a nickel). I need some AIG kind of bonus. Now.

April 8, 2009 UPDATE:
Sorry guys. I do not own or use any D-LUX 4 ... The lack of viewfinder is just another general complaint from your usual whiner here.

2 comments:

  1. Have you upgraded your firmware to 1.2? I'm wondering if I should as the whitebalance is always off at the moment with my 1.1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry. My viewfinder is just a complaint in general as I prefer to shoot peeping through a regular viewfinder, the old fashioned way. I do NOT own or use a D-LUX 4.

    OKAY, I just checked out about the firmware via dpreview, home of armchair photographer like me, Leica 1.2 improves on auto white balance and auto focus performance so this firmware should address the WB issue you are having.

    The download. Or via dpreview. I did not see any people complaining about 1.2 after upgrade so probably safe to go ahead. But at the same time, there isn't any vast improvements according to the forum discussions ...
    Perhaps you can manually set the WB, page 51 on the English manual...

    enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....