Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sunday

Jin went to cloth/fabric shopping with her friends on Long Island.
Drove Harry to Chinese school and Alex came along.
Asked Alex if he wanted to go to Barnes and Noble again, we just went last night before Outback so we returned home. He played on his AQ game.
He thought he lost everything when the notebook or the game acted up.
We went to do some Chinese grocery shopping. We walked there instead of driving.
As usual I bought more than I expected. I thought I was going to buy some dim sum for lunch before heading home. Too bad the take-out section was too slow for me.
Walked back home.
Drove to pick up Harry and two of his friends.
Drove to McDonald's to have lunch. The had chicken nuggets, crispy wraps, the usual kind of junk. I had a chicken sandwich meal.
Drove home.
Kids played online game.
Women came back. The two boys and their mom went home.
We drove to the botanical garden. Mostly empty branches.
I took my two film cameras together with my tripod. Shot one roll of 120 160NC and almost a roll of 135 36 chrome. Both expired.
The garden closed at 6.
We went to a Korean seafood grill place, Sik Gaek. We ordered a small seafood plate and a steamed ribs. It was a lot. We couldn't finish everything. The service was pretty good. The waiters are young, courteous and helpful Koreans in their early 20s, i.e. different from most Korean restaurants in Flushing. The ribs very tasty. The steamed seafood, mostly clams were quite generous.

(PS: I can't write in complete sentences and paragraphs.)

4 comments:

  1. My Korean friend recommended the Lorean restaurant (forgot the name) on the Northern Boulevard, across the street of Flushing HS, is very very good.

    Oh, I went to the Botanical Garden on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one I went, Sik Gaek, was On Northern (actually on Crocheron) and 162nd Street. First time I went there. It was pretty good. They used to be located on 41 Ave and near Roosevelt, I think.

    The Korean restaurant you mentioned may be Kum Gang Sang? It has an outdoor garden, my first Korean restaurant experience. It's indeed very good.

    Plenty of people in the Botanical Garden, we went there picnic (junk food galore), I think another week or two there should be more flowers ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. readandeat4:14 PM

    Oh, yes, I think it's the one with a garden. But it's very pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the only one that has an outdoor garden I can think of and a big parking lot.

    Anytime, you have table service and prime beef/ribs, it's not going to be cheap. Any BBQ order is around $23 plus.

    There is this one near the municipal parking lot near Roosevelt and Union, called 山水甲山which is smaller by comparison but the BBQ is not bad, and they use charcoal. Service is so so, I try to charm the wait staff with my Korean look.

    I like Korean BBQ except you smell like one after it.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....