Friday, August 03, 2007

What I Had For Lunch Part III

Beef soba. $4.95. The three of us enjoyed our take out at Byrant Park. We were probably the most handsomest guys in the whole wild park, across ethnicities. All eyes were on us the moment we stepped in the park. We were such chick magnets....Day dreaming finished. If I have noodle, I usually order udon, but today I decided to have a change. But the soba wasn't that good. Well, it was just a quick lunch and it wasn't all that bad either. Often times, those Japanese cashiers, make that cute Japanese cashiers, would "sing" me some greetings at the checkout and I am like speechless. Sometimes I wish I could speak a few conversational Japanese. Add Spanish, French, Italian and Taiwanese as well.

Talking about Japanese, this time when I was in Hong Kong, I found more Japanese influence in Chinese than it was years ago. Hong Kong was pretty close to Japan so I wasn't exactly surprised. Yet at the same time, it's hard for me to adjust. Apparently they are written in Chinese characters and yet I have to guess their meaning.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:40 AM

    with my limited Japanese short pharse, I have no difficult to deal with the Japanese Waitress, it should not be too difficult for you.
    wp2007

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....