Friday, August 17, 2007

Nikon D3

***Those in the know aren't talking, so the below is just bull***
There has been a lot of noise about the impending introduction of the Nikon next generation flagship digital single lens reflex camera, probably between August 23 and August 24. Nikon D1 was the forerunner of the DSLR revolution when first introduced in 1999. But their leadership was later eclipsed by Canon when the full frame EOS 1Ds debuted in spring 2003. Nikon has been so far sticking to its only 1.5 DX sensor format for all its DSLR products. That might change with this D3 model as the pro market or some part of it really demands full frame sensor with lessor digital noise.

Though the majority of photo hobbyists can't afford the price of full frame DSLR, but I guess the upper echelon of that group likes to be associated with a brand that makes full frame. If I have any luck, maybe even I can afford a Nikon full frame in two or three years when the price really comes down to between two to three K. Meanwhile any full frame from Nikon would have to be from their film cameras.

Nikon, the choice of NASA, the space agency where killer diaper baby roams.
Nikon D3, the yeti of a DSLR.
Two links, Nikon procurements, and nikonwatch, sourced from Camerahobby.com

6 comments:

  1. Oh don't feel bad, I much, much prefer this post over your "what I wore last week" post (which made me wanted to ask if you were simply taking the piss and wanted to come up with a definitive "k-post"?)

    I'm not as au fait with all these camera makes and what they can do as you so obviously do, so apologies for not being able to actually comment on topic, but am learning something from your post and links so please keep these photography posts coming! Even though those in the know aren't commenting, those who are NOT in the know like me do appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:41 PM

    prof Black, go for it, your D3, buy whatever garbages that you want, why do you need to keep your money
    wp2007

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to come up with some ground breaking definitive K posts.

    By the way, I didn't quite make myself clear. "Those in the know aren't talking..." by that I actually refer to the Nikon insiders who actually know the development of the D3 but are contractually obligated not to talk until product announcement and hence what's out there online is just pure speculation or bull, and my k post included. Nikon is very very tight lipped. I look forward to the end of next week where the actual product announcement takes place.

    I appreciate you appreciate my efforts.

    I always manage to learn something from your posts and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wp2007,

    Tell Vincent to buy it and I borrow from him. Let's wait till end of next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I see, thank you for your clarification, am writing note to self to learn not to impute intentions where there were none in future! (and also am glad to know that you're not some attention-whore who'd complain about lack of comments!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I like more comments, I just make them up, vl2007, wp2006 are all me....

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....