Sunday, August 05, 2007

Good Morning

I am just posting for the sake of posting. Just so if you check back here, you find something new, something worth reading, or not. I don't have any character. I just post for the sake of posting. What some people call K post, which I don't know what it is exactly but I guess it's not a good thing. The only K I know is the K in karaoke which was invented some time in the 80s or at least that's when I found out about it. I was never into it, because admittedly I am a no fun person. I am trying to change that, maybe next time I would sing some Karaoke if ever there is the opportunity in the future.

I did a load of laundry in the morning. It was a big load. The big difference between me doing the laundry and my wife is normally I don't separate the clothes, unless I am sure some color will definitely bleed. So I just load it up to the max and let the machine do its magic, no fabric softener or anything. White, colored, jeans, underwear, all mix together in one happy family. Just some warm water and some detergent. 20 minutes later, hang them up either in the basement or outside in the backyard. Today, we have plenty of sunshine so my clothes are in the backyard.

Ever since I don't need to wear proper business attire at work, I seldom wear shirt anymore. My daily wear is my work wear, that's jeans, T-shirt (don't know since when people like to call it Tee, I still like to call it T-shirt), and my Blundstones. It's really T-shirt, the sleeveless one, not even polo shirt with sleeve. I just don't like the whole idea of "business casual" or worse "smart casual" I shudder at the sound of them. It's either jeans or dressed up. If I wear shirts, I need to iron them myself. I don't send them out to do wash and iron. It's just not me. So I don't wear them because I don't want to iron them.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:38 PM

    continue your k-posting, I enjoy to read them, I called it k-posting. I guess what the 'k' 's meaning, if you know Cantonese, it means "K character" in Cantonese. Kowloon Emperor Tsang, who died recently in his 92, started his k-posting when he was 35, after half century, he was being well recognized as an artist, Prof. Black, Tsang can, you can. I think you don't need for wait for 50 years for others' recognition in the IT era
    wp2007

    ReplyDelete
  2. So K is used just like plastic here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh?? I'm even more bewildered now as to what "k" means? What's "k character" in Cantonese (I do speak Cantonese but I guess I'm not up to date anymore on the current lingo), the only thing I could think of is "K shape" to mean someone is abnormal (which seems to connect with the Kowloon Emperor example). But then a phrase being used to describe abnormal be used to describe mundane everyday blog posts? And how the hell is that connected with the English use of the word "plastic" (as in credit cards?)??? Please explain as this is going to be one of the things that will bug me for weeks if not months on end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are going to laugh on this K post and plastic fascination.

    I did a bit more "research" just now.

    See reference for hard plastic. I assume your PC can render Cantonese. I believe the term "hard plastic" or "plastic" as a qualifier in Hong Kong lingo is gaining a lot of traction both online and offline.

    For "K post," I guess the "K" takes the meaning of "plastic" as they both rhyme very similar. Probably originated from plastic post.

    So it is a euphemism for the actual bad word, or a homonym.

    You must have a very proper upbringing when you were in Hong Kong ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I get you now, thanks a mil' for the links, they are freakin' hilarious!! Wow I didn't realise there's a whole Internet language being developed around the term!

    No my upbringing wasn't as innocent as you think, but when I was still living there the term was only transmuted to "On Dog Dog". And whilst I have heard "hard plastic" spoken, I didn't realise it's now been used online as direct English translation... (btw, I understood what "on9" means, but I must admit that took me quite a long time to figure out, as I kept thinking it's "online"!).

    Yeesh! How out of date am I! Did I not sound retarded (or dare I say, HP!) or not above? Oh well, it can't be helped... laugh away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:40 PM

    "I just post for the sake of posting." i do so sometimes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, we all do. wasting blogger's storage and bandwidth.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....