Saturday, June 30, 2007

Movie Review: Live Free or Die Hard

It's Friday late afternoon. I was off from work. It was a beautiful afternoon. Plenty of sunlight and it wasn't cold or hot. It's a perfect day to hang out in the city or one is so inclined, wait in line to get the iPhone. Since I don't like to wait in any line whatsoever, so I go to check out some cinematic old fart like Bruce Willis.

What can I say, it seems to be good but then again, never as good as I want it to me. I seriously think I have outgrown my love for any action movie.

I haven't seen a lot of movies, but the few I saw regarding computer hacking always leave me wondering Is it real? Are you fucking kidding me? Why the hell the screen is so fancy? With all these whirling bold face messages? I long for some hardcore hacking scenes with UNIX like terminal screen, not that I know a lot of what hacking is like, but those fancy screens are just way too fancy for me.

In Live Free or Die Hard, Apple spokeperson Justin Long is supposed to be the smartie pant hacker who acts as Bruce Willis' sidekick to foil a bunch of baddie cyber terrorists. I think Justin Long does a fine job as far as not coming across as off putting like he is in some Apple ads. But the movie just doesn't have the time or bother to show off any supposedly computer skills that earn him to be on the FBI's list. Kevin Smith plays Long's on screen buddy Warlock, another hacker, supposedly. Again, no hardcore computer skills are portrayed, just a caricature of hacker being someone who lives in his mom's basement.

Live Free or Die Hard is rated PG-13, so essentially is for teenagers or the like. And McClane doesn't curse nor does he smoke anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....