Thursday, January 19, 2006

Stock Market Analysis

My advice is free and your money is not. So read and heed at your own risk.

The 2-day stock market shitstorm in Japan is calming down. The panic selloff was probably sparked by a raid on LiveDoor on possible securities frauds. LiveDoor is an Internet highflyer founded by 33-year old college dropout millionaire entrepreneur Takafumi Horie. The company denied any wrongdoing. Investors got back on Thursday to pick up any perceived undervalued stocks.

AMD got all the momentum now. Look like Intel is not getting the halo effect from Apple despite the fact that Apple ceased to Think Different, and chose to use Intel. You would think Intel would get a boost on the stock price, no, not this one anyway. Actually, Apple's price goes down too. I wonder how many iPods can Apple sell. It's a nice neat MP3 player. Yes, it plays video and acts as a harddrive, but it doesn't do my dishes or laundry.

Google and Yahoo take a beating as well. Google is morphing from a search company to an advertising company and a search company and into anything that's techologically underserved. We got tons of services from Google and Yahoo for nothing, and they run the company based on advertising revenue, I wonder how long it's going to last. I click the banner ads once in a blue moon but I don't recall buying anything from them .... But advertising is not about immediate sales anyway, I do subject myself to ads, and that's the point anyway.

Jeff Skilling, one of the big two or three defendents on the Enron case was featured on today's NYT. I don't know what responsibility he had for the collape, I guess there got to be some, whether criminal or just plain ignorant, a court of law will have to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....