Tuesday, January 10, 2006

How to brew coffee

I have yet to find a satisfactory way to brew coffee at home. Perhaps I shouldn't drink coffee.
We have the dripping type with hot plate and we have the french press. Right now we are using the French press type. I read some articles, and the portion of coffee to water is 2 tablespoon of coffee to 6 ounces of cool fresh water. By the time the water becomes coffee, the temperature is not hot enough for my taste.
Perhaps I should try harder. Some people believe French press coffee tastes better or the best. I am not so sure. I am not an expert anyway. I have to record Alton Brown's True Brew episode airing Jan 24 7PM ET to get some idea.
Fung makes pretty good coffee, but he is too busy nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....