Thursday, January 05, 2006

SONY like.no.other(TM)

I was reading the New York Times on my way to work. And SONY's print ad caught my eye. It's on C11.
The print ad is a flow chart selling SONY's line of BRAVIA HDTV. Right in the middle of the diamond decision block, it says "A clear cry for something she can easily hang herself!"
That's disturbing. Is the wife looking for something to hang herself, like a rope, if then, the husband should get her a rope?
I believe SONY must have paid a lot for some ad agency to develop the ad. Money well spent. For half of what SONY paid, and a word more, I would say "A clear cry for something she can easily hang it herself." Or "A clear cry for something she can easily hang by herself." And no exclamation mark. There is nothing really exciting about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....