Thursday, August 30, 2007

D3 From Guardian's Dan Chung

Here is a hands-on first impression from an award winning working professional as opposed to some armchair photographer in front of a PC monitor .... Dan's major complaint as a photojournalist is not on the D3 per se but rather on Nikon's lack of prime lineup like a 50mm f1.2 and a 35mm f1.4. Shooting wide and Shooting wide often in low light look like are requirements for journalists.

Dan Chung: Did you miss me? (Editor's note: what kind of a post title is that for a professional?). Also accompanying short D3 video in English English no subtitles.


Culled from Nikonwatch.com

5 comments:

  1. Hey didn't realise you like Dan Chung's work also? Or that you actually read the Guardian Online, after all, it's not your neck of woods? (though of course this does shows your progressive cred ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photojournalists are a weird bunch. They risk their lives to take pictures so the rest of the world can see. I admire their crazy career choice. Usually their pictures are by default very powerful.

    No, I don't read the Guardian. Should I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stereotype of a Guardian reader is that of a socially-conscious upper-middle class type who's into supporting fashionable good causes, what you'd call a "bleedin' heart liberal" in the States. If you read the New York Times, you probably will read the Guardian if you live over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a bit overreaching by reading the NYT. I can't be middle class, nor can I be a bleeding heart liberal. I guess I was never that liberal except when it worked to my advantage. Kind of middle of the road with left leaning I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I wouldn't say you're overreaching by reading the NYT, it's a really quality broadsheet which any educated individual should be a proud reader of... in fact I sorely miss it since we don't have anything approaching that level of quality of writing in our own broadsheets here in Ireland (so I compensate by reading UK's Guardian!).

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....