Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rants

The only reason I have home delivery of The New York Times is because I don't have electricity at home. No. Just kidding. Because my daily commute is only the time that I can do some reading offline which I happen to enjoy. So it annoys me to no end if the paper comes late after I leave home for work. Anything that comes late is no good, like if your significant other tells you Honey, I am late. You know that's no good. If the paper is late one more time, I am going to unsubscribe it for good. I am going to be an online free loader.

4 comments:

  1. May be you could carry a little pocket guide of whatever with you for your reading enjoyment instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some pocket guide is good. but sometimes I do want to find out what's going on.

    Newspaper is a good medium. like you said before, a hand-held screen is never big enough. But then it does save a lot on the home delivery cost. My commute is largely above ground level so if I got a 3G cellphone (i just need to rationalize my spendings), I can probably do my reading on the way to and from work. that would be great. The nytimes online edition is free now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:33 PM

    I have no time to read on the subway. Well, cos the time is too short for me to even read half page. Actually I don't like reading on any vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I should be happy or jealous.

    My $2 gets me a lot of mileage, not only do I get my magic carpet number 7 train ride, mind you a highly rated train line, I also get my bus ride, all together for a mere $2, an amount I can't even buy a bottled import tea from a Japanese sushi joint on 41st street.

    Subway reading is quite okay.

    I guess I am jealous of you, you Manhattanite, Gothamist.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....