Sunday, November 04, 2007

Kickys Restaurant


Kickys Restaurant.

UPDATE: 1/25/2008
I can't wait to try out their new menu. Gone are the French elements, in are the more Pan-Asian dishes.

Full text from Yelp.

New comer restaurateur Po (no relationship with the Teletubbies, but equally adorable), a friend of mine, together with Chef Robert Coll, CEC and master sushi chef Ming Yu bring culinary excellence and fine dining on route 34. It offers a very clean modern French-American and Japanese menu, with an equally impressive decor to match, that aims to please and satisfy the most demanding diners.

We ordered the Atlantic Salmon, Chicken Teriyaki, Salmon Skin hand roll, and Sushi for two. And for dessert, we opted for Creme Brulee, a cup of Cappuccino and some ice cream. The salmon is moist and nicely crusted. The Chicken Teriyaki is Chef Robert's reinterpretation of this Japanese staple, quarter chicken with bones fused with a hint of ginger and mixed with vegetables and Teriyaki sauce. The sushi is on par with some of the best sushi I have had in the city. This is not your also-run sushi joint. And my 8-year old Alex's verdict on the Salmon skin roll is "I like it," and that's from one of the toughest and pickiest eater. Alex also likes the bathroom experience, he has fun with the automatic soap dispenser. I digress.

Since I know and love THE GUY, what I review might be biased, I don't know and I hope not. But the whole dining experience meets and exceeds our expectation. Po, don't hate me, but I do think you can use a bigger mug for the cappuccino and fill it to the top, for a second I thought that was an espresso. Except for the cappuccino, all the dishes are of ample size and generous portions, and more importantly they use fresh organic hormone-free ingredients, health nuts rejoice.

Oh, and the bread basket and the butter are just divine.

Kickys kick ass. I say give the new comer a try.

7 comments:

  1. bring me there when I next visit NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is this your own published restaurant review? Cool!

    The washroom experience is an integral part of the restaurant experience, and not a digression at all. Though this is probably more important for the female of the species than male.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wp2007,
    I can bring you to Hop Won again.

    snowdrops,
    Yelp publishes user generated content, so anybody can publish his review ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. the food of Hop Won like the dog food, at least you should treat me the same class as Macro Polo Prince

    ReplyDelete
  5. "dog food" ... now I am offended.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted the shit on your Blog at 10.47am and you replied in 4 minutes, are you reading your Blog for 7/24, go to my face book, more interesting things to see

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realised I spoke too soon when I actually bothered to click on the link... oh well. Good review though all the same.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....