Monday, February 26, 2007

WSJ on Donald Tsang

WSJ Asia editorial page editor Ms. Mary Kissel had a sitdown with Hong Kong Chief Executive Sir Donald Tsang. And the result is a piece entitled "The Weekend Interview with Donald Tsang: Tsangfroid" on this past weekend's Journal.

The article states it as a matter of reality that the upcoming election is rigged and Beijing still picks the winner.Ms. Kissel goes on to ask Tsang on topics related to the economy (Open up), disavowing "positive noninterventionism" (You were wrong), universal suffrage (city already enjoys freedom of assumbly, freedom of religion, freedom of the press), opposition candidate Alan Leong (single issue man "universal suffrage") ....

As to the "I'll get the job done slogan," the article thinks it's apt, as Tsang has been a civil servant for almost 40 years, of which the first 30 under the British rule and the recent 10 under Beijing. Ms. Kissel finally concludes and implies that Tsang's ability to "get the job done" very much depends on the limits set by Beijing.

I guess there is really nothing new from that article.

3 comments:

  1. I am not part of the small group, 800 voters, I have no say. Vincent, probably has, on behalf of a prestigous US company, so what can I say ? Meanwhile I try to use this chance to earn some easy money. Tsang's G4 body guard has dropped his Glock 17, I uploaded it in my Yahoo Auction, attract more than 900 readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. See Donald Tsang's G4 body guards, they have dropped their Glock 17. Around 1000 readers have visited my site

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I am not mistaken, the Glock 17 is the standard issue for the NYPD.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....