Tuesday, February 27, 2007

How to light a Runway Model

Viktor & Rolf spent all their money on fascinating fabrics, design, models, venue and what-not they simply couldn't afford professional lighting on their Fall 2007 Ready to Wear runway show. Models were made to carry their own lighting in addition to say like just walking around. See models can be pretty strong too.

Regarding the lighting arrangement, I don't know if it's done right at least from the still photography standpoint. I have been reading dpreview and the likes for quite some time (you know I am sort of a desktop photographer), and I haven't seen any self-respecting member who would light the head that way, so this is totally new to me. I mean four hot lights on the same plane just aiming at the head, you got to be kidding me, right? Isn't it supposed to be one 45 degree in the front, one from the back ...

I am perplexed.

More...
These folks are genius, bet Viktor & Rolf could learn a thing or two from them.
Lighting forum for the desktop photographer in you.

Picture by Marcio Madeira, Model Olga Sherer of NATAHLIE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....