Friday, January 21, 2011

Taxi


Another D7000 test shot, as if ... I am testing. My conclusion is there is some issue with focusing confirmation. But I can't say for sure. Ha ha. That's if I use manual focusing lens, say 28mm f/2 or the micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8, and I pick a focusing point, and the in focus green dot is on, but actually the focus is behind the intended subject, or the so to speak back focus. So you actually better off just trust your own eyes, if it looks in focus in your eye from the focusing screen then it's in focus. For auto focus with my good old AF 18-70, there is no problem locking in the focus. This is totally non scientific from yours truly. When I shoot the D70 using manual, I think I have similar problem in which the selected focusing point actually shift by itself to the center one automagically even when I choose not the center one. In the D7000, the selected focusing point never moves by itself or at least the focusing screen doesn't show it even if it moves and hence resulting in wrong focus or something.

There are really at least two factors in play. Perceived sharpness and in focus. To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....