Monday, January 17, 2011

Nikon D7000 f-stop and D-Movie

Some some reason, Nikon likes to call its movie D-Movie like in dumb movie. I have read somewhere that you can't change aperture in the middle of shooting your D-Movie. I don't know about that. I shoot my dumb movies with my AIS lenses and sure enough I can change my aperture on the fly by simply turning the aperture ring on the lens itself. For shutter speed in D-Movie, the slowest you can go is 1/30 of a second. That's the limitation I am aware of in addition to limited frame rate and bit rate compared to the competitions.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:26 PM

    i guess they mean you can't change the aperture with the G lenses?

    -eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the manual can explain things clearer.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....