Saturday, January 01, 2011

Colored Pencils

Nikkor 50mm f1.4 at f1.4.  I never thought I would appreciate live view like I do now.  The view finder despite being 100% and 94% magnification, approximately, it's no match to liveview.  Sometimes the focusing point feedback is fooled even the subject you want to focus is not actually in focus.  Liveview with its gigantic screen and many many dots really shine when you need to focus macro or the like.  The D7000 really breathes new life to my grand collection of AI lenses.

UPDATE:
Just downloaded the firmware upgrade.  I was at my Linux machine.  But I got Wine so all was well.  Took the bin file, saved it to the SD card.  Plugged it back to the camera and upgraded.  I wouldn't know the before and after as I never seriously shot video in the dark to notice any red pixels to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....