Saturday, October 30, 2010

Photoplus 2010

Old cameras never die, they just retire at KEH temporarily, waiting to be picked up again.

Music and photography belong together or so the vendor thinks.

Bazooka from Sigma

Leica, probably the most expensive 35mm camera analog or digital.

My faith is:  In Nikon, I trust.

The Nikon Temple where the Nikonians congregate.  The priestess there looks awfully familiar--this got to be her third year at the very least.

I think Nikon is one of the only two camera manufacturers that ever got to go to outer space. That means something, doesn't it?
That's Joe McNally and his butts, right there.

Vincent Laforet's Canon Booth

Sony is in the BMX business now just in case the camera business doesn't quite pan out.  Look how happy their sales/event lady is.  A happy employee is a good employee.  ka-cha.  Don't hold your camera like that unless it's a SONY that you are holding.

Kodak:
Still my favorite.  They have freebies.  They are giving out 120 Portra 400, the new emulsion that claims to th finest grain at 400 speed, as well as the Ektra 100 for free.  I don't know if it's because on the last day, but there is no more 135mm film to give out.  I got some of them and some sample papers and a one time use film camera.  For those unrealistic film sellers on Craigslist who ask for $3-4 on a roll of seriously expired film, I say shove it.  So that's very nice of them.  Fuji is nowhere to be found, but they were never as generous as Kodak, they actually sent samples via mail after the show.

Nikon
No more calendars by the time I was there, that is around noon on the last day of the expo.  That's a bummer.  I got to play with the D7000, no doubt a very nice camera.  I also got to mount a couple of lens on it, on separate occasion, a 35mm f1.4 and the 24mm f1.4.  Well, they are nice that's all I can say.  Man manning the counter says I can't insert a SD card to get pictures from it, I gladly obliged.  Plus, the lighting isn't any good and I am not a low light photographer anyway.  But nice lenses no doubt.  I am surprised Nikon got Jodi Cobb to talk about the topics she talks about in this venue.  Kudos to Nikon and Ms. Cobb.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....