Saturday, October 30, 2010

D7000 at Photoplus at Javits Center


f/4.5 1/125 s @1600
It was shot NEF and converted to JPG using GIMP with UFRAW plug-in.  I didn't have the D7000 profile so I chose none and I kind of like it instead of using color matrix or my good old D70 profile.  Anyway, JPEG is saved at 85% compression with nothing thrown in.  The EXIF date is wrong.

f/4.5 1/60 s @1600, RGB profile, the image is warmer.

UPDATE 12/2/2010
I didn't mention the shock and awe I experienced when I could simply open the NEF file without doing any trick or hack on my part.  Like it just worked.  As I understand it, the D7000 NEF is new and third party vendors aren't able to open them.  Well I don't know, UFRaw just opens it no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....