Friday, June 04, 2010

My Re-imagination of a Conversation Between Homer and Langley

Langley:  I am a bit depressed.
Homer: ...
Langley:  I wish I had a sina micro blog account or whatever it's called.
Homer: ...
Langley:  I feel kind of left out.
Homer: ...
Langley  You are really a nobody until you have a sina micro blog account.
Homer: ...
Langley:  No-one has deleted my tweets on twitter.  The truth is nobody actually cares about my tweets.  And sure nobody cares about my foursquare whereabouts, either.  I am sure I'll feel better about myself if my "tweets" actually got deleted over at sina.  Or my account got deleted.  Even better.
Homer: ...
Langley:  You feel like you are dangerous and subversive.  You are important.  I want to be dangerously and subversively important.  I want to be a threat.  Kind of like a rebel.  Kind of like the pen is mightier than the sword.  You know a martyr dying for a cause or something.
Homer: ...
Langley:  You know I can't do the "ultimate sacrifice" like got rolled over by a tank but at least if I can get my posts deleted or even my account deleted that would be great.  I am sure it means something.
Homer:  You suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....