Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Graduation














I am at the point where I think a better ISO performance can help.

I am shooting at ISO 640 or lower. Anything higher would be too grainy for my taste. With my 80-200 I am set at f2.8 and I can barely hold the lens still. I am inclined to believe the D300s would probably satisfy my needs.

After shooting indoors where lighting is poor once every year or so, I really come to appreciate fast zoom lens and a low noise sensor.  Fast prime with f-stop bigger that 2.8 can be useful in addition to being a bokeh machine.  And since for the most part I can't move around in that kind of setting so a flexible zoom helps and a VR should be a big plus but hey if you don't have it what are you gonna do?  I always shoot whatever I have and just try to maximize their utilities for as long as I could.  I wish my 80-200 has VR but it would almost double its price so forget it.  Maybe I can just get a body with better frame rate so I can shoot a series and pick the sharpest or I can get a newer body with better noise performance at ISO800 and beyond.

6 comments:

  1. congratulations alex! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I will tell tell that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much Alex dressed in your 80's style suit, you took it out from your basement?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:03 AM

    Pam said the girls on the last two rows of the choir look much older than Sixth Graders. Are they girls from higher grades or are they just classmates of Alex's?

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:47 AM

    They are all 5th graders. Going to middle school after summer. ( Via handheld)

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....